Monday, November 8, 2010

First Full Day at Day Care

Today was Olivia's first full day at day care.  When we first went into the room, Livy said, "Kitty kitty. meow?"  Ms. Caroline said, "Oh yeah, there's a stuffed animal kitty that she loves," and went to get the kitty for her.  Livy had a sad look and whimpery cry as she took the teacher's hand.  Ms. Caroline sat her on her lap and I kissed her goodbye and said, "See you later."  She cried but I could hear her stop crying before I left the building.  She didn't have a fever anymore but she was still  congested, so I was a little more emotional about leaving her.

When I picked her up, Ms. Caroline said she had a great day.  This time, the first words out of her mouth were, "Daddy coming home soon?"  She was happy to show me the pink picture she had painted.  Ms. Caroline said that even after the class had their art time, Livy asked to "paint a picture." Ms Caroline told her they did that already, and Livy asked, "Again?"  Only her third day there and she's already making her desires known.  Not that I want her to be bossy, but I am really glad she feels comfortable there and is not holding back on expressing herself.

Ms. Caroline said that she had a hard time going down for the nap but did eventually fall asleep.  She was up talking to the teachers for a while, and then she didn't want to keep her shoes on during the nap.  On the way back home, Livy told me all about it.  She told me, "Shoes off nappy."  "Ms. Caroline says no."  She was also thinking about daddy the whole way home.  She had worked up an appetite, too.  She said, "Daddy is making hamburger."  "french fries."        

No comments:

Post a Comment