Sunday, October 17, 2010

Any Roosters?


This weekend we went pumpkin picking (for real this time) with Mike and Jaime.  Olivia loves them and was so excited about spending quality time with "Mikey and Jaime."  She somehow knows that she is one of the few people who can get away with calling him Mikey.  She wanted to hold Jamie's hand the whole time and help Mikey pick out a little pumpkin.  We made sure to fill our goat quota early on in the day.  We also got to see some bunnies.  But it turns out, Olivia was sorely disappointed by the lack of roosters.  She kept asking, "Any roosters?"  She was still asking about it while we were eating lunch, though we kept trying to change the topic.  She is very persistent and once she gets something in her head, it is hard to get her to stop thinking about it.  She wasn't whining or anything, but she would wait until there was a lull in the conversation and then ask again, "Any roosters?"  It was hard not to laugh, which of course just kept her doing it more and more.  She asked us again this morning.  Lately she has been having fun making up nonsense words.  She keeps saying, "I la boop!"  I don't think this has any real meaning, but she just likes the sound of it, kinda like she likes asking, "Any Roosters?"  But really, they have goats and bunnies there, why don't they have any roosters?

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I think Grandma might be responsible for the I la boop . . . I just may say that once in a while. Sorry! Grandmas are supposed to say nonsense phrases, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 99.9% sure the "I la boop" is from mom, I think I heard her say it to Drew (Allaboopity, boopity, boo?) I guess Liv will be happy if Drew is a rooster for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete