Sunday, March 27, 2011

Don't Laugh...

As I was rocking Livy in the chair before bed, she said she was thirsty so I called for Kyle to bring her up some milk.  Livy called down, "Dad, it's on the coffee table!"

When we got out of the car before Henry and Louisa's party, Livy cheered, "We made it to the city!  Yay!"

I asked Livy what she wanted to do at her birthday party.  She said, "Wanna wear a polka-dot dress!"

After we said bedtime prayers, Livy said, "I wanna come for a visit to Jesus.  When I get older?"

She is making a long mental list of things she wants to do when she gets older.  The amazing thing is how easy it is to appease her if we just say, "When you get older."  I was sucking on a lemon candy and she wanted it but I just said, "When you get older" and she said, "Okay!  When I get older I have lemon drops!"

Before she is about to do or say something funny, many times Livy gives the warning, "Don't laugh."  I think she is half talking to herself, like she doesn't want to laugh too soon and ruin the punch line.  She usually says, "Don't laugh" right when we park the car.  Then, when daddy or I go to the back seat to get her she asks, "Stay in car?!"  and pretends like she wants to stay in there.  We all end up laughing, especially because of the way she so seriously says, "Don't laugh."

1 comment:

  1. She is such a hoot, Sarah!!! Good thing she is buying the line about when you get older.... for now... she may wisen up soon. (:

    ReplyDelete