Thursday, January 27, 2011

Like a Big Girl

Livy likes to do everything "like a big girl" these days.

"I wanna peel it like big girl." (clementines, soy beans etc.)
"I wanna walk like a big girl."
"I wanna eat it like a big girl." (a sandwich)
"I wanna get dressed like a big girl." (she can put her pants and socks on herself)
"I wanna wipe my hands like a big girl."
"I wanna hold it like a big girl."  (camera, cell phone, etc.)
"I wanna feed Scooter like a big girl."

And she really is looking like a big girl too.  Just look at her!


Lately she loves playing school.  She wants mommy or daddy to be the teacher and she pretends that her stuffed animals are the other kids in the class.  She likes carrying a notebook and a box of crayons around the house in her backpack that Grandma and Grandpa got her for Christmas.  She loves coloring and is really into drawing curlicues lately.  Here is one of her latest works of art:

  
Livy and I have had a lot of time at home together lately.  Unfortunately, its because we've both been sick.   Livy had a terrible virus last week that caused a high fever, coughing, runny nose, sore throat and ear infection.  Then Kyle and I ended up catching it (but Kyle got conjunctivitis while I got an ear infection).  
My mom has been in Ohio for baby Drew's dedication at church so my dad came over and babysat for a little while so I could go to the doctor.  I think that was the highlight of Livy's week.  She still giggles about Grandpa changing her diaper.  Apparently, she wasn't aware that Grandpa knew how to change diapers! 
Today Kyle and I both had snow days due to about a foot of snow that fell last night.  It was a much needed day to recover.  We're all sick of being sick around here and dreaming of spring.  

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how grown up she looks. I'm sorry you have all been sick and I'm glad you got a snow day to help recuperate. We are looking forward to seeing everyone, hopefully the weather will cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you all feel better soon! As I was struggling with the snow I was thinking of Livy and you guys playing in the snow and wondering if it was still feeling fun or more like cabin fever! She looks so grown up and with a model's stance!

    ReplyDelete