Sunday, September 19, 2010

We're On the Right Track

Olivia and I have survived and even enjoyed the first two weeks of me being back at work.  Liv is having a great time with her grandma while Kyle and I are at work.  She loves being with her and is sounding more like my mom the more time she spends with her.  For instance, she started saying "okay" a lot more lately.  I never really noticed it before, but my mom says this a lot, and most grandmas probably do... "Watch TV?"  "Okay", "Color?"  "Okay"... Most everything is okay with grandma, as it should be.  When Livy's bored or tired, Livy will now say in a heavy sigh, "Okaaaaayyy...."

My mom was talking aloud (not necessarily directing it to Olivia) saying something like, "Well, pretty soon, I'm going to head over to Sparta to check up on Chance kitty and make sure he's okay."  Livy thought about it and then said, "With you. hold hands."  She wants to do everything with grandma.  When I left Livy in the church nursery, the babysitters assumed grandma was at our church because Livy kept asking for her.  This weekend my mom and dad went to babysit Henry and Lulu...  These grandchildren are really keeping them busy!  I'm so thankful for my mom and the help she is giving us!  You are doing a great job :)

Olivia has learned a lot even in the past couple weeks.  She can now count to five on her own.  Today, over the monitor, I heard her counting the flowers on her pajamas when she woke up from her nap.  She also says, "A, B, C." and can fill in letters that you leave out of the alphabet song.  She talks about shapes and colors and sings little songs to herself.  She does an extremely accurate impersonation of a baby sheep.   She knows her first and last name.  Her middle name is another story.  She thinks it is "Shoes on."  lol!  She makes some pretty funny jokes.  Like, today she had a piece of bread stuck to her finger.  She held it up and said, "Puppet!"

In other news, Olivia is becoming a real railfan!  She talks about the train ride we went on a few weeks ago, commenting about the "loud whistle", the "noisy brakes", "tracks" and the fact that "Grandpa like it."  We stopped by the Whippany Railway Museum today and Livy loved it.  I know her great Grandpa Furler would have been very pleased with our little girl.  She has a bottomless appetite and likes talking all about trains!

1 comment:

  1. There is SO much in this post that is just delightful! Hold hands and enjoy the ride! Thanks for sharing! xxoo

    ReplyDelete