Monday, July 12, 2010

Smells like Broccoli

Today the whole house smells like broccoli…again.  This is partly due to the fact that we have no vent in our kitchen, and two of the windows are painted shut, but also because we have a daughter who loves broccoli!  She requests broccoli at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and random times in between.  No joke!  She articulates each consonant and vowel quite clearly in the word, and I wonder if I will always remember the sound of her little voice asking for “broccoli?”  Today, while the broccoli was cooking on the stove, my mom fed Olivia a big lunch, including a dessert of frosted animal crackers. But sure enough, Livy had saved room for a good serving of broccoli afterward.  I wonder if there will ever be a time when I will have to try to coax Livy into eating her broccoli by telling her they are little fairy trees or something.  For now, I’ll just enjoy her healthy appetite, and try to air out the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! But, it might be time to introduce her to fried clams! :)

    ReplyDelete