Sunday, September 1, 2013

Miney

Eliza is almost 15 months old.  She is talking and imitating more and more words.
Here are some of the words that she can say:

Uh oh
mama
dada
that - sounds like "dat" (she uses this one all the time when pointing to things)
Ar Ar! for the dog's bark
More
Moo
Hat
nigh nigh
hot
quack quack (which is also what she calls crackers. lol)
meow
hush (from Goodnight moon book)
walk, walk
baw (ball)
baby
down
up
Mine
hey
please (sounds like "bee")
eye
nose
ear
hi
bye bye
Wee!
dot, dot (when coloring)
Livy
Bop
Bapa (grandpa)
"Where are you?"
"GoodnighMoon"
"Haveyouanywool?"

Today for the first time we heard her say "mo bee" for "more please."


Eliza calls me "Miney".  And she sometimes calls Kyle Miney too.  I think it started as a mix of "mommy" and "mine" and is now her way of saying that we are hers.   A couple of times when I was trying to leave her at the babysitter's house she reached out for me and called out "Miney!"  That made it a little heartbreaking for me to leave her, but she was always ok as soon as I left.  In a way, I think it is a good reminder that no matter what Kyle and I are her most special people.  We are so glad she is ours, too!              

No comments:

Post a Comment