Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Notes from a SLP mom

I seem to blog a lot about things that Livy can say, but I don't remember to write about the cute things that she doesn't say quite "right".  So here are some of my favorite things that she has misheard or isn't quite able to say yet~



"cornplakes" for "cornflakes."  For some reason this is just adorable when she says it.  

"fwimmin"  for "swimming."  She is constantly asking to "fwim longer!" when it is time to get out of the tub.    

"tub bear" for "teddy bear"  =)

Whenever someone is going somewhere, Livy will say, "Have a good nice trip!"  I think its because she misheard me telling her to "Have a good night's sleep".  She tells her dollies to "Have a good nice sleep."    

Before bed, I often sing Livy the song, "Morningtown Ride."  (My dad used to sing it to me when I was little to try to help me fall asleep.  I wasn't exactly the easiest kid to put to bed, so I have many memories of him singing it to me while walking me up and down the hallway like a "sack of potatoes" over his shoulder.  Dad and I even danced to this song at my wedding because of all the memories.)  Anyway, the  lyrics are "All bound for Morningtown, many miles away."  Livy sings, "All bound for Morningtown, many miles awake."  haha!







  

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love. Can't wait to meet her! Merry Christmas, Tanis Family, we love you!

    ReplyDelete