Monday, August 2, 2010

Family Fun!


Nanny, Bop, Craig, Chris, Lily and Caleb all came up to Cape May to visit for the week.  We couldn't stay for the whole week (work sure gets in the way of our personal lives) but we did get to visit them for two fun-filled 3-day weekends!  Livy had a great time playing with her cousins.  Oh, and Clarksons and Schimmings were there the first weekend, and Livy, of course, had a great time with them too!   So many fun people to hang out with!  I didn't get any pics of "Team Clarkson", so we'll have to be sure to get some when we go up to Rockport in a few weeks!)  Here are some pics that I did get:

                                        
Lily has some great babysitting skills

                                        
Cute Cousin Caleb
Livy and Lily

Here are some of my better photos for Bop to critique:  


A study of line and form

A study of perspective
A study of light and shade



On Sunday, while dad and Kyle were driving Nanny and Bop to Philly (long story for someone else to tell), mom and I took Livy to the zoo.  One of her favorite toys happens to be a little cheetah that I had in a box of speech therapy toys (you can see the cheetah on the floor behind Olivia in the top picture.)  She knows a lot of zoo animals now, but cheetah was one of the first ones she learned to say.  So, I was excited to show Livy two real cheetahs at the zoo.  Funny though, Olivia just looked at them and said "walking" and "lick".  She didn't seem all that impressed with seeing them for the first time, but just wanted to chat about what they were up to.  Some other zoo highlights were two baby snow leopards with their mama, giraffes and, of course, the carousel.



Livy was saying, "Wee, wee!!!", "up, down" and pointing out all of the animals around her on the carousel: "Zebra. Panda. Birdy."  As soon as the ride was over, she looked at me and asked, "Ride again?"  She was not happy when I told her it was time to leave (read: pitched a small fit).  Back at Grandma and Grandpa's, though, she had plenty more fun with Grandpa picking grapes for her from his vineyard.   


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture and blog. Bob will be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tricky "back posting" since I know you didn't have these posts up yesterday!! I'm on to you! Anyways, super cute as usual Sar. Thanks for calling me with Liv's "Emmy, Miss You" message, I miss her too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't backpost it. I posted it last night at 8:11. But I think I am going to backpost one about her 15 month check-up that I forgot to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the captions on those pictures, the study series.

    ReplyDelete